1. How is my roommate determined?
• Each camper is paired with another camper in one room. You can choose your desired roommate or you will be paired with a camper of a similar age.
2. I am a beginner am I going to feel out of place.
• At camp there is a wide range of abilities. All campers are divided into small groups that are based on age, similar experience, and ability.
3. What do we do when the sun goes down and we are not on the golf course?
• Various activities take place when the campers arrive at the dorm in the evening. Some of the activities include a college golf information session, tournament planning and preparation, and various games. Campers will often order takeout, enjoy time with fellow campers, and hangout with coaches and counselors.
4. What should I bring with me to camp?
• All campers should bring golf clubs, golf shoes, golf clothes for 3 days, clothes you would want to wear while hanging out in the dorm at night, twin sheets and blanket, pillow, towels, toothbrush, sunscreen, and some extra spending money (around $20) for cokes and snacks at night.
5. What do we eat at camp?
• Each morning campers will eat a breakfast buffet at one of the dining halls on campus. Lunch and dinner are catered in each day to the Charlie Coe Golf Learning Center; this allows us to spend more time on the golf facilities instead of leaving and going off site.
6. Where do I go for check-in/check-out?
• Resident Campers (Overnight)-You will check-in at the assigned dorm, where the campers will be staying. Each camper will get directions to the dorm, sent via e-mail closer to the start of camp. When you arrive at the dorm, you will be greeted by camp staff, which will then take you to the registration desk and carry your belongings to your room. The campers will then have a brief orientation from the coaches and take a bus out to the golf course. Our staff will transport the golf clubs out to the golf facility and they will be waiting for the campers when they arrive. To check-out of the camp on the last day, parents will pick up their campers at the golf facility following the camp tournament. After the awards ceremony, you will then travel to the dorm to load up your belongings and turn in your dorm key to the OU Housing department located in the lobby of the dorm. Once the key is returned, you are official checked-out.
• Commuter (Day) - You will check-in at the Charlie Coe Golf Learning Center each day. The Charlie Coe Golf Learning Center will also be where you will be checked-out each day.
7. Are parents allowed to be spectators at the camp tournament?
• Parents are welcomed and encouraged to attend the camp tournament. The camp tournament is a 9 hole tournament within each age division. It is played the last morning of camp. Following the completion of the tournament, we have a cookout for the parents and campers. After the cookout we will have the awards ceremony and you return to the dorms to check out and return home.
8. If I sign up for camp and later have to cancel, what is the cancellation policy?
• All cancellations made before May 1st will receive a $250 cancellation fee and all remaining fees will be refunded immediately upon notification. After May 1st no refunds will be given for cancellations.
All camps are open to any and all entrants
(limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender) after the camp eligibility.